Monday 24 September 2012

How to draw manga hair

Greetings all. 



So I have been struggling with drawing hair for quite some time. This tutorial was created to get things straight in my head. I still need to learn to shade properly but I think I am more comfortable with the shape of hair.



After drawing a quick head/ face I drew some basic shapes to guide where the hair will end. This determines the shape and length of the hair.




Where the shapes end I draw the individual strand tips of the hair.



Now it is just a matter of connecting the tips to the scalp.



I then quickly put some basic shading in. Just 2 tones this time.

 

Finally I tidy up the line art and add colour.


My current weaknesses.

Shading still needs work.

I need to focus on getting the eyes looking better.

No comments:

Post a Comment