Monday 20 February 2012

Drawing Perspective part 1

Source Material
Title: Figure Drawing for all it's worth
Author: Andrew Loomis
Page: N/A
Subject: Perspective




So I found the part where I am struggleing and that is perspective. This is such a basic area. I need to focus on that for a while befor I proceed any further. I think some of the problems I have at the moment is with 2 point perspective. It just does not feel comforatble to me. This lack of confidence is made worse when the vanishing point is off the page.

I need to really cement this into my head and the only way of doing it is through repartition. My lack of cinfidence in this area is not only frustrating me but it makes some of the Loomis studies daunting when they need not be. This creates a psycological barrier and makes me want to skip certain parts of the Loomis book.

Here are the perspective drawings. They may not look bad but they don't feel right. I am begining to judge what is wrong better so my next batch should be an improvement.



Note to self:
Must not give up on these. Continue till it feels natural. Get these studies into your head and the next areas should be alot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment