Saturday 18 February 2012

Loomis Manikins

Source Material
Title: Figure Drawing for all it's worth
Author: Andrew Loomis
Page: 38
Subject: Manikins




Truth be told I am having a bit of problems translating human form into the manikins. The main area I struggle with is when the top section of the torso is on display. Giving the illusion of perspective is difficult. I think I ran before I could walk with the loomis manikins. Also on a side note I could not get posemaniacs to work today, instead I ended up watching Martial arts on youtube and free running on google images.

Tomorrow I will be able to focus soley on getting these manikins right. I guess I am not as comfortable as I thought.


Note to self:
Tomorrow try to focus on drawing solid lines. I have developed a bad habit of petting the line. Also try to be more confident with brush strokes. The middle images came out well and I seemed more confident there. More figures need to be done. Perhaps I should do some timed exercises?

No comments:

Post a Comment